Thursday, August 15, 2013

An update about eating

I've been eating well, in spite of my anxiety tummy and other afflictions. Every day I ink in five squares in my planner; three for meals two for snacks. And as each meal is competed I get to triumphantly check away that square.

These are the meals I've been eating lately. Both originated as breakfast ideas, but it turns out they work nicely for lunch and dinner as well.

Meal No 1; (For the last few mornings I've been having sweet potatoes and turkey bacon for breakfast and it is yummy if you like sweet potatoes which I'm not sure I do but it works.)

One sweet Potato feeds the both of us.
First chop up some fresh sage, then Sautee it in the pan till it gets chard on its edges.
Then add chopped sweet potato.
Then move to the side. I've been having Turkey Bacon with my sweet Potatoes while The Mr has Turkey Bacon and Eggs. His smells really good. I have not taken a picture of this yet. Maybe tomorrow!

Meal No 2; I generally heat up some greens in a pan with a bit of Olive Oil, garlic, and cayenne pepper.

One head of Broccoli, chop up into cute florets Saute in the pan first, letting them get soft. This is a good time to start chopping and washing the greens. I use Kale and Collard Greens or Mustard Greens. Their pungent flavor really wakes ya up in the morning! Go ahead and add some onions or maybe even a bell pepper. You know, spice it up a bit!
Go ahead and throw that all into the pan. I like it cooked thoroughly, till the onions are almost transparent and the greens get a bit charred on the edges but not burnt all over.
Don't forge the garlic!
Sometimes I have fish with this meal. Done up in the pan with generous amounts of Dill. Yum.

Meal No 3; Rice pasta with some kind of meat (fish usually) and a salad on the side.

Meal No 4; Lentil Tacos
Pink Lentils, when cooked, resemble refried beans. On top of them go onions, cabbage, cilantro, the works.

Snacks;
Today I grilled up some peaches really fast and sprinkled a big of nutmeg on them. That was really good.

I've been staying away from dairy which has been sad. I've also been reading up on Cow personalities and Chicken treatment and Pigs At Play and its getting really hard to keep eating meat.

I've been dreaming of having a garden full of bees and butterflies.





No comments:

Post a Comment